What video endoscope investigation is?
The video endoscope is a remote visual inspection, which can replace direct visual examination when this latter cannot be carried out.
For remote visual inspection, auxiliary instruments are used, such as fibre optic endoscopes and videoscopes, combined with cameras or other tools.
In a video endoscope, the image is transmitted from the camera to the vision system by means of cables that carry electrical signals. Then, the image is transmitted from the mini-camera on the end of the sensor cable to a remote LCD screen.
The focus is automatic and different probes are used according to different distances: “near focus” (NF) probes to look very close or “far focus” (FF) probes for remote viewing.
The probes may have different wide-angle (80 ° – 120 °) or be “stereo” for defect measuring.
What can be checked:
Video endoscope allows remote inspection in several applications, both residential and industrial, such as, for example:
- Visual internal inspection of process piping, from a minimum of 8 mm in diameter;
- Visual internal inspection of piping of steam or heat generators;
- Visual internal inspection of turbines or combustion engines;
- Visual inspection of welds;
- Visual internal inspection of manifolds, heat exchangers, etc.
The standard control procedure, adapted according to customer needs and the type of examination to be performed , is established according to ISO 9712.
Characteristics of equipment and qualification of personnel
Portable industrial video endoscope
- Armoured cable-probe Ø 6 mm, m.9 long
- Optics NF 80°, optics FF 120°
- Stereo optics 60° for defect measurement
- Recording of photos in jpeg or tiff format on compact flash card or CD-ROM
- Recording of video with commentary of the check on CD-ROM or DVD
- Technician with 2nd level qualification according to ISO 9712
Industrial video endoscope investigation
- Industrial video endoscope investigation, with the possibility of inspections with fibre optic probe 9 m. Ø 6 mm
- Video recordings of checks
- Photographs of the checked parts
- 3D checks for measuring defects or abnormalities